Description of the Internship
The youth selected will engage in communications ministry for 12 hours per week, for eight weeks, beginning Wednesday, July 5 and ending Wednesday August 23. The Bishop Denig Youth Intern will join the staff at Diocesan House each Wednesday for Morning Prayer and lunch, and work under the supervision of the Communications Director. The remaining 6 hours each week may include travel to congregations for video work with the CD or the possibility of working remotely using a computer or laptop belonging to the intern.
The intern will work on special projects such as:
- pre-populating the Episcopal Asset Map
- conducting one interview for ABUNDANT Times magazine and writing the article for publication in September
- running our diocesan Instagram account for the summer
Successful completion of summer service will result in a letter of recommendation from the Communications Director.
The Canon for Mission Resources has allocated a stipend of $1,000 which will be dispersed according to the diocesan payroll schedule.
Online applications must be received before June 15. Interviews will be conducted by the Communications Director, one staff member and Mrs. Nancy Denig in the week following. All applicants will receive an electronic response before July 1.
Online Application Process
Eligibility: Must be an Episcopalian or Lutheran and between the ages of 16-18 at the time of service
The following must be submitted or scheduled before June 15, 2017:
- Recommendation Form for pastor, rector or priest-in-charge
- Online Application for Youth
- Personal Statement
- Interview w/ Communications Director via ZOOM Meeting (to be set upon receipt of previous materials)