Looking for new ideas for vestry retreats?
Want a good opportunity for your vestry to learn some things for a 21st century church?
Looking for ways to make your vestry leadership more effective?
Wondering how to make connections with other churches?
What is it?
Vestry 2.0 is a 2 year pilot program. There are three components:
- 4 one-day workshops
- Building a Vital Team, Fall 2017: Saturday September 30
- Speaking of Faith, Spring 2018:, in conjunction with Leadership Day, date TBD
- Everything after we say I Believe: Stewardship, Fall 2018:, Date TBD
- Being Part of God’s Dream in our Communities: Mission, Winter/Spring, 2019:Date TBD, possibly in conjunction with Leadership Day 2019
- RenewalWorks – parishes will sign up for RenewalWorks™ to be done between Fall 2017 and Spring 2019. Our Diocese will cover half the cost ($250).
- Mentoring for clergy as they lead congregations through change.
What’s the commitment?
- All (or at least, most) of the vestry attends the one day workshops.
- The development of a team (not the vestry) to facilitate RenewalWorks.
- The willingness to try something new to offer of our ancient faith, and to practice these things as you go back to your parish and vestry meetings.
What’s the cost?
The cost is geared toward what one might offer as an honorarium for a vestry retreat leader but, by coming together, we can get some excellent leaders from around the country. Note that RenewalWorks is in addition to this.
Tier 4: $400/yr Tier 3: $300/yr Tier 2: $200/yr Tier 1: $100/yr
Deadline to Register: June 30, 2017
Who can I talk to about this program?