Please click on:
Safe Church training is required for volunteers who work with children and youth. It is also required for Eucharistic Visitors. Volunteers should attend this training about every three years. This training does not meet the requirements for Clergy and church employees.
Clergy (parochial and supply), church employees, lay leaders and Vestry members are encouraged to attend a Full-Day Safe Church training every three years. Full-Day workshops are open to everyone who wishes to attend. This workshop requires a six-hour commitment and consists of training videos as well as small group discussions, and question / answer time. Lunch is provided.
Please click on the link below for more information.
“Safe Church” Registration for Mail-In
Scheduled Training Events
- September 16, 2017 All Saints’ Church, South Hadley Volunteers 9-12/Full day 9-3
- September 30, 2017 Good Shepherd, Clinton Volunteers 9-12/Full day 9-3
- October 11, 2017 St. Francis’, Holden Volunteers 6-9 pm
- November 8, 2017 All Saints’, South Hadley Volunteers 6-9 pm
- January 13, 2018 Christ Memorial Church, North Brookfield Volunteers 9-12/Full day 9-3
- March 3, 2018 Christ Church, Fitchburg Volunteers 9-12/Full day 9-3
Congregations may continue to use a local trainer from within the congregation who has been approved by the Diocese. The process by which a parishioner may get that approval can be found here on the diocesan website.
A congregation or group of congregations may want to host a training at a time convenient to them. They may do that by contacting the Rev. Tanya Wallace. Her fee for a special training is $300 plus mileage. A congregation hosting such a training is responsible for registrations and all arrangements for the training.
Contact our Safe Church Officer:
The Rev. Tanya R. Wallace
(413) 532 – 8917