The Episcopal Church’s long-term commitment to racial healing, reconciliation and justice.
In the spirit of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. and in keeping with our baptismal covenant, we join with others to study up, speak up, stand up, and show up in order to bring the Beloved Community closer to realization in our time and place.
Our 2019 book recommendation
- James Cone, The Cross and the Lynching Tree
- Michelle Alexander, The New Jim Crow
- Bryan Stephenson, Just Mercies
- W.E.B. Du Bois, The Souls of Black Folk
- Ms. Lee Cheek, co-chair
- Ms. Wende Wheeler
- The Rev. Dr. Harvey Hill, co-chair
- Ms. Alexizendria Link
- The Rev. Canon Pamela J. Mott
- Ms. Cynthia Pease
- The Rev. Pamela Porter
- The Rev. Michael J. Ramsey-Musolf