What is YAMN?
The Young Adult Ministry Network (YAMN) in the Diocese of Western Massachusetts is a collaboration of young adults 18-40 and those who minister with them in Western Massachusetts.
We are a ministry of the Episcopal Church and seek to provide faithful fellowship that is both rooted in our mainline-Protestant affinity and also friendly and collaborative in ecumenical and interfaith cooperation and connection.
We do this work by connecting campus ministries, parish young adult ministries, ministry outreach centers, and the Lawrence House Episcopal Service Corps in a cross-diocesan network, and in holding and publicizing worship events, sharing resources and job opportunities, and providing spiritual and social fellowship.
Who are we?
Our Network Organizer, Will Harron, is based in Greenfield and worships at Grace Episcopal Church.
Our Leadership Team is currently in formation – check back soon!
Ministries involved in YAMN:
– Lawrence House Episcopal Service Corps, South Hadley
– Grace Episcopal Church Young Adult Group, Amherst
– Cathedral of the Beloved, Pittsfield
– Amherst College Protestant chaplaincy
– Williams College Protestant chaplaincy
How can you get involved?
Email our network organizer Will at email@example.com and he will connect you to be able to:
- Join our Discord server! We share prayer requests, small group connections, job opportunities, and chat about our lives! Email Will for the link.
- Attend a network event – announced on diocesan media and through our partner ministries.
- Join our monthly ministry meeting – this is where people who minister to young adults in the diocese, as well folks who want to plan YAMN events, can connect, share ministry updates, and build our ministry together. Currently meeting on 4th Tuesdays at 1 p.m. over Zoom.
- Have coffee in-person or virtually with a YAMN member, our treat. We want to get to know you!